Thursday, August 6, 2009

A Promising New Blog, OneWayRichmond

I am pleased to introduce readers of the Richmond City Council Reporter and Telegraph to a relatively new blog on the Richmond scene www.onewayrichmond.blogspot.com which began on June 21, 2009.

Warning: this recommendation is not for the weak of mind or heart or those easily offended by strong language. The blog is smart, insightful and scathingly humorous. If you are easily offended, you will be easily offended by OneWayRichmond.

I would also like to encourage readers to leave comments on blogs that you read, this one and others. Some times readers' comments are more valuable than the original posts. Blogs create an opportunity for discussion, education, and empowering individuals to contribute to the shape of our society. The freedom to speak one's mind and to defend your beliefs is one of the greatest gifts we can enjoy while we live.

I agree with OneWayRichmond, let's stop calling Richmond the River City. Every city on a river does that. Imagine my horror in October 2007 when I was visiting St. Louis and I learn that they call themselves the River City. I second the call that Richmond be nicknamed the City of Monuments. However, I am open to other suggestions if you've got something better.

1 comment: