Monday, March 11, 2013

Historic Informal Session of Richmond City Council


2013 March 11 - Docket Review - Informal Session City Council - Richmond, VA from Silver

Thankfully, for me the meeting started at 3:10 PM, right after I arrived. I probably missed less than 30 seconds from the beginning of the meeting as I set up my camera. This was a historic meeting for two reasons. It was very short, only about 10 minutes long, none of the items reviewed generated much discussion. Secondly, it was the first time I've seen the President of the Council open the floor for Citizen Comment at the end of the meeting. Later, I wished that I had spoken to thank Council President Samuels for allowing Citizen Comment during the Informal Session and to encourage him to continue the tradition at future meetings when time allowed.

The only item on the agenda was Docket Review, the review of papers to be considered at City Council's Formal Meeting at 6 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment