"Important Moments at Tonight's Meeting"
Above, approving the purchase of the Lehigh Cement property for $2 million. Ordinance 2009-153 [15 minutes]
Amending the Downtown Master Plan
Above, relatively low key affair to adopt the proposed amendments to the Downtown Master Plan, Ordinance 2009-117. The real excitement for the Master Plan was the Public Hearing that occurred at the July 13 meeting.
Richmond City Jail Construction Funding Is Accellerated
Appointments [ 3 minutes ]
Above, Orlando C. Artze appointed as a commissioner of the Richmond Redevelopment and Housing Authority [RRHA], Jeanne Boisineau appointed as a member of the Clean City Commission, William M. Hutchins appointed as a member of the Urban Design Committee (Planning Commission Representative).
Awards Period [ 36 minutes ]
• RRHA 2009 Scholarship Winners: Francyne Hamilton, Theron Haynesworth, Shyneka Jones, Victoria Jones, Jennifer Tillery [Robertson presenting]
• 2009 Bank of America Leadership Internship Winners: Kimara Davis and Michael Harrison [Squire presenting]
• Jesse Reynolds Awards from Dept. of Park, Recreation & Community Facilities to Wyatt Kingston, Charles Price, and Carmax Foundation
• Community Service Award: WRIR 97.3 FM [Samuels presenting]
• Community Service Award: Village Bank [Hilbert presenting]
Citizen Comment Period [ 20 minutes ]
Paul Hammond on Public Safety Downtown.
Donald Hatcher on Racial Prejudice in the City.
Arthur Burton speaking in support of Fattah Muhammad.
Followed by comments by Council persons Reva Trammell [8th], Marty Jewell [5th], and Chris Hilbert [3rd].
Announcements/Reports from Council Members [ 30 minutes ]
Watch Complete Meeting Unedited